Sport betting is the act of predicting the results of a sport event and staking on the assumed result. Sport betting can sometimes be extended to non athletic events as well.
Scandals involved in sport betting
There have been numerous scandals involved in sport betting. These scandals end up lowering the integrity of sporting events. The following are ways scandals affect the integrity of sports:
- Spot fixing. The actions of players are fixed in favour of the desired outcome of the event.
- Point shaving. Players change the score by purposely missing shots.
- Match fixing. The total result of the match is adjusted to suit the desirable bet prediction.
- Inappropriate calls. Players sometimes get bad calls from regulating officials at crucial moments. This is mostly done to tune the game to specific outcomes.
Process of betting
- Bettors stake on sports legally through a sports book or illegally through privately run firms.
- The book is a reference to wagers made by each bettor.
- The book is used to monitor stakes made, payouts, deposits and debts.
- Legal books that run online in a different jurisdiction from their clients get to evade some gaming laws. This is why online firms reside in countries with lesser taxations.
Different odds involved in sport betting
The following odds are used to portray bets with different outcomes.
- Decimal odds. The decimal odds also known as European format are the ratio of the full payout to the stakes in a decimal format. They are used in Europe, Australia and Canada.
- Fractional odds.These are used by British bookmakers. They are the ratio of amount won to the stake made. The odds of 2/2 are an even bet. Fractional odds are also referred to as UK format.
- Money line odds.Also known as American format
Odds for the several outcomes are displayed in the listed above odds.
Placements of bets
- Spread betting. These are wager made in opposition to the spread. The spread is assigned by a bookmaker who favours one team and lowers another.
- Money line bets. They do not require a spread. They are just based on the sole winner of the game.The likely team to win goes with lesser odds than those unlikely to win. This scheme is to attract players to choose the teams less likely to win.
The popular placements used in American bets include:
- Total bets.These bets are made on the end point score between both teams. The bet however becomes a push when the combined total is the sam as proposed total.
- Proposition bets. These bets are made on specific outcomes and not on final score.
- Parlays. In parlay, players bet on multiple bets and are only paid if all the bets in the parlay win.
LSM99 is a site that offers football betting among other things like baccarat and online casino lotteries. They offer a 120%to new customers.