If you have a ceramic coating on your vehicle, you no doubt want to make sure your ride always looks its best. And with traditional coatings, wax plays a key role in this. But once you ceramic coat your vehicle, can you still wax it?
What Vehicle Wax Does
Waxes work by creating a coating on top of your paint that helps to protect it from the elements and adds some shine. This extra layer can help to prevent things like water spots, dirt, and other contaminants from etching into your clear coat and causing permanent damage.
Can You Apply Wax Over Ceramic Coating?
Unfortunately, the answer is no. The molecular structure of ceramic coatings will not allow the wax to bond to the surface of the ceramic. It is a waste of time and effort with zero benefits for the coating. Luckily, ceramic coating looks great on its own so you won’t find yourself missing the wax.
Steps to Ensuring a Ceramic-Coated Vehicle Always Looks Its Best
Fortunately, even though you can’t wax a ceramic-coated vehicle, there are still plenty of things you can do to keep it looking its best.
- Wash your car regularly using soap specifically designed for ceramic-coated vehicles. This will help to remove any dirt or contaminants that could potentially damage the coating.
- When washing, be sure to use a soft cloth or sponge and avoid any harsh scrubbing that could scratch the surface.
- To prevent dirt from getting rubbed into the coating and damaging it, use the two-bucket method.
- Dry your car thoroughly after washing to prevent water spots from forming.
By following these simple steps, you can keep your ceramic-coated vehicle looking its best for years to come.
What to Do When Your Ceramic Coating Isn’t Looking Its Best
If you notice that your ceramic coating doesn’t seem to be performing as well as it used to or if it’s starting to look dull, there are a few things you can do.
- First, try washing and drying your car more thoroughly. Sometimes, all it takes is a good cleaning to restore the shine.
- If that doesn’t work, you may need to consult with a ceramic coating specialist to find out what is the right course of action.
- Finally, if your coating is severely damaged, you may need to have it removed by a professional and start fresh with a new application.
If you’re looking for a way to keep your car looking great, the best idea is bringing it in for a professional car coating in Atlanta. The team of experts will be able to apply a coat that will protect your paint job from scratches, chips, and other damages. Plus, you’ll get to enjoy that showroom shine for months or even years!