If you’ve never been to Adelaide, what have you been doing with your vacation time? It’s not Sydney nor Melbourne, but it definitely has a charm that makes it stand out. Whether you’re planning a road trip in a campervan hire in Australia or have some friends to visit in Adelaide, you may want to find some things to do.
It can be challenging to determine what’s the best way to use your time when you visit a new place. You don’t know your way around, you don’t know where the real action is at (not just the touristy spots), and you may feel a bit lost as to where to start.
There is no need to dismay. Adelaide is one of Australia’s most fun destinations with a plethora of things to do and places to see. If there is one thing that you don’t need to fear when visiting Adelaide, it’s boredom. You may appreciate the following five ideas for things to do while in Adelaide. There is something for everyone in this South Australian city.
- Explore weekend markets-Many an Adelaide local will enjoy spending some of their weekend browsing the local markets and you should too. From delectable fresh foods to clothing, jewelry, and knick-knacks, there is plenty to keep you busy for hours. Whether you’re in town with kids or traveling on your own in a campervan hire, the markets are interesting for anyone. Plus, if you’re looking for original souvenirs to bring back to friends and family back home, it’s a great place to look for unique items.
- Visit the Adelaide hills-Do you want to get out in nature after traveling? The Adelaide hills won’t require you to travel far, but they will grace you with their beauty. From its nature to its wineries, there are definitely several reasons to get outside the city itself to get to experience Australian wines and Adelaide landscapes. Cleland Conservation Park is another nature spot that you’ll want to visit while in the Adelaide Hills area. You’ll be sure to love both the forests and amazing views.
- Go to the beach-If you’re traveling with kids, you’ll want to hop on over to Glenelg for a day at the beach. It’s fun to walk the jetty and have lunch at one of the cute restaurants near the water. It’s pretty, charming, and inviting and makes for a good family outing. If it’s just you and friends, head on over to Henley where you will have plenty of space to lay your towels and hang out with friends. If you’re in the mood for seafood, this is the place to go to.
A trip to Semaphore will be a highly interesting experience with not only a beautiful ocean to admire, but old buildings as well. From the beach to the 1920s carousel, it’s a romantic destination that is worth your time.
- Climb Mount Lofty-You may have been enjoying new food on your trip to Adelaide. That’s all well and good, but maybe you want some exercise? If so, climb Mount Lofty. You’ll be rewarded with a good, heart pumping walk and a beautiful view at the summit. There are different ways to climb it. Some paths will bring you along steep sections that will challenge you while other walks will be much easier to do. It all depends on what you’re in the mood for.
- Enjoy the bars and restaurants like a local-If you want to get to know what it feels like to be an Adelaide local, go to the West End area. From buildings like the SAMHRI to charming restaurants that will provide you with delectable bites to eat, it’s where people go to enjoy a refreshing atmosphere to unwind and relax. To give you a few ideas of places to visit, check out Andre’s Cucina & Polenta Bar, as well as Sean’s Kitchen and Chianti Restaurant.
From museums to art galleries, there are several things to do while in Adelaide. The above-mentioned experiences are some of the best things to do in the outdoors, as well as for meeting new people. Whether you’re an introvert who loves exploring and time in nature or you love wines and people, there is something for every kind of traveler. If you’ve never been to Australia and would like to get to know fun-loving Aussies, Adelaide is a good place to start.
It has the perfect mix of wineries, beaches, hills, and city life. If you want a little bit of everything, then Adelaide is where it’s at. Whether you’re on a road trip in a campervan hire or you’re going to Adelaide as your sole destination, you can be sure that you won’t be disappointed. Pack up your bags and enjoy one of Australia’s best destinations.